- VP of Engineering, Achates Power, located in San Diego, California
The Da Vinci DALOC system is an easy-to-use and powerful tool for performing engine oil consumption measurements. The sensitivity and accuracy of this instrument is outstanding providing unmatched diagnostic capability during engine development. The instrument is well packaged and leaves the impression of a mature product. It was therefore not surprising that the installation and commissioning of the instrument proceeded timely and without a hitch.
- Manager at Intertek Autmotive Research, located in San Antonio, Texas
As a fuel and lubricant certification laboratory, we are excited to add the specialized real-time oil consumption measurement services offered by Da Vinci Emissions Services to our current range of services, since these specialized services constitute a valuable and natural business extension
- Manager at Karl Schmidt Unisia, located in Ft. Wayne, Indiana
As a piston manufacturer, it is critical to have access to the best real-time oil consumption measurement services available in the marketplace. We are very pleased with the services provide by Da Vinci Emissions Services in this regard.
Da Vinci Emissions Services offers our customers on-site testing services. Typically, such services end up at various automotive consulting companies. Da Vinci Emissions Services has established working relationship with multiple automotive consulting companies. For further discussions about the most suitable location for testing your engine, please inquire with Da Vinci Emissions Services.
- Froelund, K. et al, "Impact of SumeBore™ Cylinder Liner Surface Coating on Lubricant Oil Consumption in a Tier-0 EMD710 Diesel Engine", ASME paper ICEF2012-92083 presented in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, September 23-26, 2012, at the 2012 ASME ICE Fall Conference.
- Froelund, K. et al, "Oil Consumption Measurements for a Modern Opposed-Piston Two-Stroke Diesel Engine", ASME paper ICEF2011-60140 to be presented in Morgantown, West Virginia, October 2011, at the 2011 ASME ICE Conference.
- Froelund, K. et al "An Accelerated Testing Approach for Lubricant Oil Consumption Reduction on an EMD 710 Diesel Engine, presented in San Antonio, Texas, September 2010, at the 2010 ASME ICE Conference."
- Parks, J. et al., "Rapid In Situ Measurement of Fuel Dilution of Oil in a Diesel Engine using Laser-Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy", presented in Chicago, Illinois, October 2007, at the SAE Powertrain & Fluid Systems Conference and Exhibition
- Froelund, K. et al., "Laboratory Benchmarking of Seven Model Year 2003-2004 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines Using a CI-4 Lubricant", SAE Paper 2005-01-3715 presented in San Antonio, Texas, October 2005, at the SAE Powertrain and Fluid Systems Conference and Exhibition
- Froelund, K. et al., "Impact of Engine Oil Consumption on Particulate Emissions", 2004 ICAT conference, presented in Istanbul, Turkey, November 2004
- Froelund, K. et al., "Ranking Lubricating Oil Consumption of Power Cylinder Assemblies on an EMD 16-645-E Locomotive Diesel Engine", 2004 CIMAC Kyoto Conference presented in Kyoto, Japan, June 2004
- Froelund, K. et al., "Emissions Solutions for 2007 and 2010 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines", SAE Paper 2004-01-0124 presented in Detroit, Michigan, at the 2004 SAE World Congress
- Froelund, K., et al., "Lubricating Oil Consumption Measurements on an EMD 16-645E Locomotive Diesel Engine", 2003 Spring Technical Conference of the ASME Internal Combustion Engine Division ICE2003-549 presented in Salzburg, Austria, May 2003.
- Froelund, K. et al., "Impact of Oil Consumption on Particulate Emissions for Diesel Engines", FISITA Paper 2002-F02V327 presented in Helsinki, Finland, June 2002
- Froelund, K., "Real-Time Transient and Steady-State Measurement of Oil Consumption for Several Production SI-Engines", SAE Paper 2001-01-1902 presented in Orlando, Florida, May 2001.
- Froelund, K., "Impact of Lubricant Oil on Regulated Emissions of a Light-Duty Mercedes-Benz OM611 CIDI-Engine", SAE Paper 2001-01-1901 presented in Orlando, Florida, May 2001.
- Froelund, K, "An Investigation of the Cylinder Wall Oil Film Development During Warm-Up of an SI-Engine Using Laser Induced Fluorescence", Transactions of ASME, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, Published by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, January 2001. Transaction of ASME is considered for top 5% o publications with the highest long-term reference value.
- Froelund, K., "Real-Time Steady-State Measurement of PCV-Contribution to Oil Consumption on Ford 4.6L SI-Engine", SAE Paper 2000-01-2876 presented in Baltimore, Maryland. Presentation awarded the 2000 SAE Award for Excellence in Oral Presentation. This award is considered for top 5% of all presentations at the SAE meeting.
- Froelund, K.,"Real-Time Steady-State Oil Consumption Measurement on Commercial SI-Engine", SAE Paper 1999-01-3461 presented in Toronto, Canada, October 1999.
- Froelund, K. et al., "Simulation of HC-Emissions From SI-Engines - A Parametric Study", SAE Paper 972893 presented in Tulsa, Oklahoma, October 1997
- Froelund, K. et al, "PAH Transport in Diesel Engines", SAE Paper 972960 presented in Tulsa, Oklahoma, October 1997. This publication was selected for SAE Transaction (Top 10% of publications with future reference value.)
- Froelund, K, "An Investigation of the Cylinder Wall Oil Film Development During Warm-Up of an SI-Engine Using Laser Induced Fluorescence", SAE Paper 971699 presented in Dearborn, Michigan, October 1997.
- Froelund, K., "Analysis of the Piston Ring/Liner Oil Film Development During Warm-Up for an SI-Engine, ICE-Vol. 27-2, 1996 Fall Technical Conference, Volume 2, ASME 1996", presented in Fairborn, Ohio, October 1996. Paper was selected for 2001 ASME Transaction (Top 5% of publications with future reference value).